Pursue a Career
with The Serpentarium!
The Serpentarium provides a unique opportunity to work with a variety of species of reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates from all over the planet. With an inventory of over three thousand animals, you'll be hands-on with small animals such as various Gecko species and Poison Dart Frogs, to some rare species found only in a few zoos, as well as some of the largest Snakes and Monitors in the world!
Please understand that The Serpentarium is NOT just some pet shop and we do NOT hire pet shop employees. We only hire mature, responsible and ambitious people who are dedicated to becoming TRUE Reptile Specialists, who love animals and are interested in pursuing a rewarding, long term career with our organization.
(part-time / potential full-time)
- - Caring for the many animals on display in our Museum and stores, ensuring the health and safety for all on a daily basis
- - Becoming knowledgeable on all animal species we offer in order to provide accurate information and solutions for our customers
- - Becoming knowledgeable on all products we offer in order to provide accurate information and the ability to suggest/recommend appropriate products and services accordingly
- - Provide exceptional customer service by greeting each and every customer with a smile, offering assistance during their visit and answering all questions with complete honesty
- - Perform daily tasks such as feeding and watering animals, cleaning enclosures, etc.
* You will also be trained in other roles and will be asked to work in other departments as needed. It is our goal to help expand and develop your career path and skill set by continuing to provide you with new and challenging opportunities. Our continued growth offers a bright future to those who excel, with several potential advancements and rewarding pay.
Details coming soon
- - Quarterly Reviews
- - Quarterly Bonuses
- - Quarterly Employee Outings
- - Holiday Bonuses
- - Vacation Pay
- - Direct Deposit
- - Generous Employee Discounts
- - Bi-weekly Ongoing Training
- - Personal Mentoring
- - Opportunity for Career Advancement
- - ...and more!
Again, we only hire and train mature, responsible and ambitious individuals who meet the following criteria:
- - Must have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- - Must be reliable with good time management
- - Must have basic knowledge of reptiles
- - Must have reliable transportation
- - Must have good people skills
- - Must be energetic/outgoing
- - Must have good communication skills (reading, writing, listening, etc.)
- - Must be able to speak in front of large audiences
- - Must be able to work well independently and within a team environment
- - Must be flexible in working a rotating schedule at more than one location, including weekends and some holidays
- - Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
Become part of our team made up of
TRUE Reptile Specialists!
How To Apply:
- 1. Be sure to read all of the above in its entirety.
- 2. Be sure that you meet all of the qualifying requirements.
- 3. If you feel that you qualify, please email your resume to the address below.
- 4. Select candidates will be called in to begin the interview process.